Peterborough is home to the beautiful Peterborough Cathedral, which is well worth visiting. Following an accidental fire in 1116, Peterborough Cathedral was rebuilt in its present form between 1118 and 1238.
The highlights of Peterborough Cathedral include:
- the dramatic hanging crucifix, which frames the choir stall
- the spectacular central tower
- the new building ceiling, with fan vaulting
- the beautiful hand-painted nave ceiling
- the marble altar in the sanctuary.
View my Peterborough Cathedral photo gallery here:
Peterborough Cathedral Gallery
Additional information about the Cathedral can be obtained from the website:
Peterborough Cathedral website